Friday, April 6, 2012

9 to 5

The boyfriend got his dream job a little over a week ago.  I couldn't be more excited for him.  His official title is "Project Leader for New Game Development".  It sounds important, doesn't it?

I kind of feel bad now about yelling at him for spending so much time making mods that he wasn't getting paid for.  It finally did pay off, just like he told me.  He got his name out there, people saw it, and he got hired. 

On a semi-related note, if anyone plays or knows anyone who plays Skyrim for PC, check out his mod Tytanis-The Ultimate Mod.  He's done some great stuff on it.

He's working from home, which has been a double-edged sword so far.  He's supposed to work about 40 hours a week, but some days, he'll get into a groove and work all night, and other days he's stuck and frustrated and doesn't work much.

He's also been really irritable when the kids or I have to interrupt him for anything.  So I've tried to be out of the house with the kids as much as possible.  I usually take T to school and bring either Princess or Goober with me.  Then I run some errands, come home, eat lunch, and take both the kids to pick him up from school.  We've been going to my parents' house every day from 3 until 7 or 8 every  night so he can have time alone.

I'm just happy he's working and looking forward to being able to pay some of our debts as well as more of our living expenses.  My parents have been paying my credit cards off so I could put food on the table for a while now.  I'm just lucky they've been so supportive and have faith that we will be able to pay them back everything we owe them.  I would be totally lost and screwed without their help.

Oh, and the kicker about the new job is that his dad finally got back to him about working doing powerwashing the day after he accepted the computer job.  The man has been putting him off since last August, and he finally got around to keeping his promise once we didn't need it anymore.  The boyfriend felt obligated for a few days to try and juggle both jobs, but he's not cut out for manual labor, and there's no reason he should jeopardize his dream job because he feels obligated to his dad (who always falls through on him anyway)

No comments:

Post a Comment