Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Lazy Mommy

I'd like to say that there is a reason I haven't blogged in over 2 weeks, but I've just been super lazy.  Instead of blogging in my free time, I've been reading.  Oh, and watching the first season of Game of Thrones on DVD.

I don't get HBO, and I love the series, so I knew I had to see the show.  Thankfully, I read a lot and therefore, I'm friends with one of the librarians at my library.  I see her once or twice a week.  She knew I wanted the DVDs badly.  Our library doesn't let people put their DVDs on hold at all, so I was number 100-something to get it from another library.  Except my librarian friend was working when they got the DVDs in so she put it aside for me.  I was the first person to watch them.  The show was awesome.  I'm now DVR-ing the new season at my mom's house.  And I realized it's pretty cool to be friends with the librarian.  I kind of want to get a part time job there.

In my last post, I wrote about my cat being attacked and falling out of a tree.  He's doing better now, but he's definitely different.  I guess he did get some brain damage from the fall.  He cries a lot like my other brain-damaged kitty (who happens to be the sweetest cat in the world but dumber than a rock).  And he sounds like a newborn kitten when he cries.  I keep thinking something happened to one of the kittens, but it always turns out to be Little Fart wanting my attention.  I'm just thankful he's alive and doing well.

The kittens are finally 6 weeks old and one already has a new home with my high school best friend and her aunt.  Her boyfriend is taking another 2 kittens later this week, and hopefully the girl who used to cut gym class with me in high school will take another.

We're keeping 2 of them.  One is really fluffy and I named him Jamie Lannister the Fluffy Kingslayer.  Yeah, I'm obsessed with A Song of Fire and Ice (the series A Game of Thrones is based on).  The other kitten is a dilute tortie and her face is 2 different colors.  I thought about naming her Patchface (another GoT character), but decided to name her Tyiron the Imp instead.  He is one of my favorite characters and I thought it kind of fit with Patchface since they are both dwarves in the book.

I'm going to attempt to get back into the blogging groove.  I miss it, so hopefully you will be hearing from me more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment