Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Real Me


This is my favorite picture ever of me.  It was taken on the teacup ride in Disney World in January of 2007.

My mom took me on that trip after my fiance and I broke up after a 4 1/2 year relationship.  When it happened, I thought it would be really sad, but instead, I was so relieved.  I finally had my life back, and I really enjoyed it.

I love how happy I look in the picture.  I was so miserable for so long, I forgot what it was like to be happy, but it was still there.  In that vacation week with my mom, I regained everything I lost of myself, and became the person I used to be.

5 years later, I am still that person.  I learned that I can be me and be happy in a relationship-there's no reason to give up me to make someone else happy.  I think, if anything, I've become an even more joyful person because of my kids.  There's something to be said about how becoming a mother changes you for the better as a person.

I wrote this in response to one of this week's prompts from Mama Kat's.  4.) Share a photo that was taken of you, that you think really captures who you are.

Mama’s Losin’ It

7 comments:

  1. Being unhappy in a relationship is so not worth it, life is too short and you look fabulously happy in this pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in the pic. Great that you are out of a bad relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo! I'm glad things worked out and you left a bad relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a happy photo :)
    you must love your mom for that liberating trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot! I nearly chose a pic of myself on the teacup ride at Disneyland, too. Something about the feeling of freedom, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can see it in your smile. You are so right, never give up you! Compromise, maybe ; ). You were very lucky to share this time with your mom. I'm sure she was relieved as well. They can tell.

    ReplyDelete