Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

I know I've still been absent, and I hope you're still reading my blog!  I'm not going to do a year in review post since I haven't been blogging very long, but I will do a holiday recap.

My Christmas Eve family get-together was terrible.  The boyfriend's father is in the hospital and not doing well, but he's always been awful to my boyfriend so I think it's karma kicking his ass.  I did not do well dealing with the SIL from hell, and spent most of the night alone.

Christmas was great.  We all went to my parent's house, and the kids got lots of toys they wanted.  T finally got his Bat Cave that he begged us for every day since Thanksgiving.  He also got a bunch of Transformers toys and a creepy robot panda with blue LED eyes that terrify me.  Princess got another FurReal Friends cat to freak me out with (because one wasn't enough, and apparently 6 real cats aren't enough either), a couple dolls, and a tea set.  They got a Leapster explorer to share, but she won't let anyone else touch it, so we'll be getting another one for their birthdays in a few weeks.  Goober got a ride-on train, a monkey Happy Napper, and a noisy little steering wheel thing.  He could care less about any of it.

Yesterday I took the kids to my mom's house again because my aunt and uncle, and 2 of my cousins were coming over.  It was better than expected.  My sullen, 16-year-old cousin actually talked to people, and my other cousin was acting pretty normal.

We're staying home for New Year's Eve tonight.  I'm just going to make some potato skins, jalapeno poppers, and pigs in a blanket, drink some bitch beer, and watch the countdown on TV.  I always seem to have better New Year's when I stay in.  Going out is always a let down and a bad hangover.  The kids are already bouncing off the walls, so I don't know if they're going to make it til midnight or not.  Usually they would, but I think they found candy or something, which could lead to a mega sugar crash.

I hope everyone else has had a good holiday season, and have a safe and happy New Year!  I'm going to try to take "me" time in 2012 to take care of myself by going to the gym.  The membership was a not-so-subtle gift from my mother to let me know I'm getting fat.  I haven't worked out since college, though, and it will be nice to get away from the kids for a couple hours a week.

Are you making any resolutions for the new year?

1 comment:

  1. I'm resolving to make 2012 a year of continued, happy, growth! I hope 2012 is a good one for you, too!

    ReplyDelete