Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Leftover Pizza and Roll-Ups

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I know we did.  Ours was small, just me, the boyfriend, the kids, my parents and my sister  (since we are now finally back on speaking terms, which I'm grateful for).

My mom and I did all the cooking, as usual, while the boyfriend pretty much slept all day and my dad watched football.  It was hectic, but fun.

With Thanksgiving comes leftovers.  I usually hate leftovers, but there's something about all the flavors of Thanksgiving that I love.  So I try to be creative with them so it's not boring.

Last year, I made the most incredible roll ups with crescent roll dough.  This year, I had pre-baked pizza crusts that were going to expire, so that is what I used.  Although I really recommend making roll-ups if you've never tried them.  They are amazing and easy, and the entire family (even my picky children who wouldn't eat the actual Thanksgiving dinner) loved them.




Thanksgiving Leftover Pizza or Roll-Ups

1 pizza crust or package of crescent rolls
cranberry sauce
bite size pieces of turkey
gravy
leftover mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes, and/or any other leftover veggies on hand
shredded cheddar cheese

-If using crescent rolls, unroll the entire sheet and pinch together where the perforations are.  Preheat the oven according to package directions.
-Spread a layer of cranberry sauce all over the pizza crust or dough (if using crescent rolls, leave 1/2" around all sides so it doesn't squeeze out when you roll it up)
-Sprinkle turkey pieces on crust or dough.  Do the same with the other leftovers.  For mashed potatoes and stuffing, I take a piece of it in my hand and crumble it over the top so there's little clumps of potato, not a thick layer that covers the entire thing.
-Put some gravy on top, followed by cheddar cheese.
-If you're using pizza crust, you're done-just pop it in the oven and bakef until everything is hot.  If you're using crescent roll dough, take one long end and carefully roll the dough until you have a log.  Cut 1" thick slices and lay them on a baking sheet.  Bake according to package directions.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up to Make Yourself Monday and adding my button!

    This is a great and delicious idea!

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I just wanted to let you know that I've featured you in this week's Make Yourself Monday! Please feel free to grab an "I've Been Featured" button on my left sidebar. :o)

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete