Monday, October 17, 2011

Acting Out in School

It has come to my attention that my son is kind of acting out at preschool.  By acting out, I mean he pees all over himself.  Pretty much every single day.

Now, by no means is T potty trained.  He uses Pull-Ups.  We have gotten him to pee in the toilet exactly one time, and that was earlier this week.  And he only agreed because we let him stand on the seat to do it-but hey, anything is a start.

T gets up in the morning, eats breakfast, watches some TV, and at noon, we get dressed for school.  This includes putting on a new Pull-Up, even if he is totally dry.  Then we get his snack and leave at 12:15.

At school, they take him to the bathroom every day to try and help potty train him.  They have been completely unsuccessful, so all they do is change the Pull-Up.  He is always bone dry-then he pees all over himself and his clothes in the classroom.  He's been going through 2-3 outfits in 2 1/2 hours.

He never has accidents at home.  He is really good at changing his diaper himself if he's wet.  Or he will as for help.  So I think he's holding it on purpose and then wetting himself at school.  Maybe it's a passive-agressive thing, I don't know.  But I can't figure out why he's doing it, because he loves school.

So I really don't know what's going on.  But I hope it stops soon, if for no other reason than I hate laundry and he's going through all his clothes pretty fast these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment