Saturday, August 20, 2011

I've lost my mind and want it back.

This is my first time blogging, so please be nice to me.  I just discovered Twitter and some wonderful mommies who blog, and it inspired me to take some time for myself to write.  I haven't written much of anything since I had kids, which is funny, because I majored in writing in college-screenwriting to be exact, although looking back, this seems to have been a ridiculous choice.

I am now a stay at home mommy, and before that, I worked in a medical/dental office.  I got fired after 4 years for calling out of work one day because my boss was going crazy (seriously, he had awful medical problems and his medication made him like Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde) and I needed time to think about whether or not to quit.

Anyway, that is the past, and I've been home with my babies for 9 months and it's awesome.  But it's also really hard for me to have gone from working so much to being around my crazy kids all day.  My oldest son, T, is 3 1/2, has a severe speech delay, and will be starting preschool in September.  My daughter, Princess, is 2 1/2, has Daddy wrapped around her little finger, and throws tantrums whenever she doesn't get her way.  Goober is the best baby in the world.  He is 11 months old, and the love of my life.

My boyfriend and baby daddy is a computer programmer who loves making mods for Counterstrike and is obsessed with World of Warcraft.  This drives me nuts.  I like WoW also, thanks to him, but I play for an hour or two a couple times a week when the kids are asleep and I need to unwind.  He plays for hours, all night, every day.  And then he sleeps all day. Unfortunately, Princess has adapted to his schedule, being such a Daddy's girl and all.  Fortunately, the boyfriend will soon be starting a new job, which is actually his old job, working as a painter and powerwasher, 9 hours a day, 6 days a week.  I am looking forward to this and it can't start soon enough.

Oh, and did I mention we share a house with his mother?  Rent is expensive, and we are poor, so we split the rent and the house.  She has the downstairs and we have the upstairs.  We share a kitchen downstairs.  She works from home selling antiques, but I really don't see her much.  It stinks we can't afford to live alone, but sharing a house with her is better than cramming the 5 of us into a studio or one bedroom apartment (which is really all that would be in our price range unless we moved).

All of these things together make me feel like I'm losing my mind.  I love my kids, but they are a handful and a half.  I'm still not used to being home every day and only leaving the house to go to the store or the park or the zoo.  I don't even change out of my pajamas some days.  I no longer interact with people my age-my days are spent watching cartoons and playing with a million toys with my kids.  But it's great, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment