Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday to the Princess!

I can't believe Princess is 3 years old today.  Time has just flown by.  Just like with T, I can't remember her being a newborn.  I see the pictures I have and it's crazy to see how much she's grown.

I remember making Chocolate Banana cupcakes for her welcome home/T's first birthday party.  I loved getting adorable outfits for my little girl, since girls are so much more fun to dress than boys.

Princess actually slept in a crib as a baby, and was the only one of my kids to do so.  We moved her to a toddler bed at 11 months, but when I was 9 months pregnant with Goober and our apartment flooded, we had to move really quickly, and she's been sleeping on a couch with her dad since then.

She's always been my little drama queen.  She constantly gets "boo boos" and cries about them until you pay attention to her.  She hates to share, and is incredibly jealous, especially when it comes to daddy.  She also bangs her head on the floor when she's mad-I thought she would have grown out of it by now, but at least we have wall to wall carpeting upstairs.  Princess is definitely the little boss of our house.

When she was about 15 months old, we lived in a little 2 bedroom apartment and had the kitchen gated off because the landlords wouldn't fix the broken cabinets.  Anyway, next to the baby gate, there was a big drawer that we used as a junk drawer.  She somehow got into it one day, and drank an entire air freshener plug in.  The boyfriend called poison control and she was okay after she drank 2 cups of milk.  I will never forget that her breath smelled like flowers for 3 days. You knew she was in the room, even when your eyes were closed.  I thought it was hilarious.

She's my go-to child when I need to run errands.  She'll walk around the stores and really enjoys it.  I've yet to have her throw a tantrum in a store, unless it's because we're leaving and she doesn't want to go home.  If I want to go out to eat, she and I usually go together too.  The boyfriend hates restaurants, so I take her instead.  She's my little buddy.

She's just grown up so fast.  I remember dressing her in itty bitty outfits when she was 6 months old, and now she's 3.  Her Belle Halloween costume sits in my closet, and it's small enough for some dolls to wear.

I don't know what I would do without Princess in my life.  I'm so blessed to have such an amazing daughter, and I adore spoiling her (like buying the entire prarie girl line of clothes at Babies R Us for her today-they are so cute-if you have a daughter, you should totally check them out).

No comments:

Post a Comment