Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Not So Great Start to the New Year

I've been promising myself that I would start blogging more regularly since the holidays are over, but that hasn't happened so far.

I've been dealing with a very cranky 15 month old who is getting 3 molars in at once.  I swear, the kid's only sleeping for an hour or two at a time, and only after I dose him with Ibuprofen.  He's been so uncomfortable, he's been chewing through binkies.  My other kids never did that.

I also decided I was totally sick of taking the medication I've been on for the past few months because of the weight gain it caused, so I stopped taking it, which has really thrown my body for a loop (not a doctor approved stop but I don't really care).

In the past 3 months, even though my eating habits haven't changed much, I've gained 20-30 pounds, all in my stomach.  I look 4 months pregnant, and it's embarrassing.  Since I'm poor, my mother had to buy me a whole new wardrobe of shirts, because I only fit into 2 maternity shirts and nothing else.  Jeans that were so big I could barely even wear them with a belt are now so tight they won't button.  I've had enough.

Even though I've only been to the gym once since I got my membership, I'm motivated to go, and I'm signing up for a few personal training sessions so I'm less intimidated by the machines and don't hurt myself (I have a history of working out too hard in my college days, leading to a 3-finger sized tear in an abdominal muscle that led to 6 weeks of complete bedrest).

I've also had crazy insomnia since I stopped the medication.  It's only the 3rd day, but I've had 45 minutes of sleep in the past 24 hours.  I feel so odd and awake and giddy.  It's really bizarre.  I finally fell asleep but my daughter woke up crying from her nap, and after I moved her to her room (she was so tired she fell asleep on a chair in front of the TV), and realized I felt totally awake again and will not be able to fall asleep anytime soon.

I hope I can get back into the swing of things soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment