Monday, January 30, 2012

Pizza Party with a Side of Drama

I threw an awesome birthday party for the kids this weekend, although, unfortunately, it ended up being full of drama.  We rented out a pizza restaurant for 2 hours and hired Matty Roxx, an amazing children's entertainer in our area.

Princess wore a brand new poufy pink tutu and new silver shoes, along with a pink furry stole.  She looked precious.  We got the boys, (T and Goober, as well as my nephew) matching outfits.  They all wore black superhero T-shirts and acid washed black jeans.

While I was going nuts baking the night before at my mom's house (2 types of cake pops and a banana cake), she mentioned that my MIL told her that Rick, the kids' grandpa, was coming.  I was annoyed.  First of all, he hasn't seen the kids since Christmas 2010, when he promised them all presents and never followed through.  I don't care that he didn't buy them stuff, but it made me so mad to see my kids disappointed by him.  I was also very irritated that my MIL invited him and didn't tell me.  I have a right to know who will be at my kids' party.

The kids had a ton of fun and Matty put on a great show.  It was nice to be in a place where 12 kids could run wild.

I've written before about how my SIL and I do not get along, at all.  And a lot of the time, I am not the most mature person about it (like Christmas Eve, when I totally ignored her and pretended she wasn't in the room-it was the better option than ruining the holiday)

Well, my MIL took it upon herself to invite my SIL and not tell anyone-not me, not my parents, not my boyfriend.  I was near the door, waiting for my best friend from college to arrive, and instead, my SIL walks in.  I was shocked, and so angry I was shaking.  The first thing out of my mouth was "You weren't invited, so feel free to leave."  I really didn't mean to be mean.  I just got taken off guard and was furious with my MIL.

They both left, and apparently, she told my boyfriend she was going to kick me out of the house-except I'm on the lease and I pay rent.  She can't do that just because she's mad at me.  I'm back home now, and we're avoiding each other like the plague.  I want to be able to explain to her why I said what I did to her daughter, but I don't  think I can without blaming her for overstepping her bounds and inviting her without telling everyone.  It wasn't her party, or her place, to do so.  I hate being the last person to things, and it seems like she always does this.  I thought she learned after the last time, when she invited her daughter and her dogs to stay for a few days at our house and I found out on Facebook.

At least the party was good.  And, I found out my college friend is pregnant, and due 2 months before her wedding.  I am so excited for her!  Now I have baby fever, and I want another one, even though that's crazy and I can't afford it at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment