This week, for Mama Kat's, I chose this prompt: 3.) You know the stories that are retold a million times at family gatherings? I call them Life Stories that you just never live down. List your Top 10 Life Stories.
1. The time my 12-year-old self and 8-year-old sister convinced our Grandma to walk 2 1/2 miles to McDonalds with us in 90 degree weather-in dollar store green and white flip flops.
2. When my sister and I saw an ad in the paper for a guinea pig so we called the number-I pretended to be my mom. When the lady came to our house with the guinea pig, my parents were so mad, but felt bad the lady got suckered by us so they let us keep it. It had 5 babies that night.
3. On my first trip to Florida, when I was 4, we went to sea world. I was a chubby little kid, and I got stuck in the dolphin-shaped stroller. Staff had to come help pull me out of the damn thing.
4. At my sister's christening, when I was 4, my 2 cousins and I went outside the church to play because we were bored. We were running in a row-I was in the middle. My one cousin stopped short, and so did I to avoid him. My other cousin ran into me and I scraped my knee really bad. I proceeded to run back into the church, screaming. My parents were up on the altar with my sister, so I ran up the altar and under the big table in the middle to get to them, in front of everyone there.
5. I had a dance recital when I was 3. Earlier that day, I had been playing outside and gotten mosquito bites. I completely stopped onstage, put my had down my tutu and tights, and screamed over and over, "Mommy, Daddy, I'm itchy!"
6. We adopted my sister when I was 4 and traveled to Oregon to get her. We stayed at someone's house, and my sister was in a baby carrier on their dining room table, crying. I yelled to my parents that I no longer wanted a sister, and in an attempt to return her, knocked the entire thing off the table onto the floor. Thank goodness she was strapped in and didn't get hurt.
7. I was running around the house with a pencil when I was 9 because I didn't want to give it to my parents. I tried to hide it in the couch as I jumped on it, and stabbed the bottom of my palm, breaking off the pencil point. You can still see the graphite under my skin today.
8. I stabbed myself in the foot with a toothpick in high school, and only a little bit was sticking out. When I pulled it out, I was spurting blood everywhere and started crying. My dad came downstairs, and all I could manage to say was that my mom would kill me if she saw all the blood I got on the carpet. We both burst out laughing at how ridiculous that was.
9. When I was really young, I used to pretend to fall down the stairs when people came over to get attention. I never really got hurt, but no one knew that.
10. I sang in the children's choir at church, and every Christmas and Easter, when the church was packed beyond capacity, I would get overheated and sick and have to either run outside or into the choir room to throw up. One time I didn't make it and threw up all over myself in front of everyone.